Monday, January 16, 2006

Introductions

Welcome to my blog. I'm Ben Slater, GIS Data Manager at Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc. This blog is intended as a place for me to record various tricks and hacks I have learned while working as a GIS dude for the past 10 years and discuss whatever GIS related stuff I happen to be thinking about. My main interests are ESRI software (especially customizations), .NET programming, and open source GIS. I work in the environmental and archeology fields, though most of the stuff I do could probably be applied to any fields.

Some of the things I hope to be discussing are:

Fully automated map production in ESRI ArcGIS
Setting up a GIS in Linux
Methodologies for producing archeology maps
ArcGIS troubleshooting
General .NET programming and database programming

If anyone reads this and has some specific questions, feel free to leave comments or email me.

No comments: